After meeting with Freestar, Doodle moved forward with our web monetization solution. They were attracted to our full-service approach. The implementation process was much easier than what they had experienced with their previous solution. Our team was able to integrate their existing partners at a much quicker rate than their Engineering team could have.
Despite reducing inventory to prioritize UX, web monetization has been successful for Doodle. To maximize ad revenue and improve their ad operations, Freestar provided Doodle with:
- Additional Demand Partners – A majority of Doodle’s user base is based in Western countries so they needed better demand geared towards the US and T1 countries in general.
- More Ad Products – Freestar introduced new products such as our video player, Superflex and sticky pushdown (on mobile), and ad refresh.
- Streamlined Billing – Doodle has access to our Dashboard where they can review payment details and payment history, and this includes adjustments made to their account and where their revenue is coming from (ex. video, PMP, programmatic, etc.).
- Robust, Real-Time Reporting –Our Dashboard also provides Doodle the ability to monitor how well their ads are performing and create their own custom reports.
- Yield Insights – Doodle works with a dedicated Yield Manager who analyzes their reports to provide key optimizations.
Since partnering with Freestar, Doodle has achieved an increase of 123.20% RPM YoY. This increase can be attributed to the implementation of new ad products, additional demand partners and changes made to the ads to optimize for performance. In one quarter, we were able to increase session RPM by 30% and CPM by $0.20.
Doodle works closely with their dedicated Account Manager and Yield Manager to strategize new ways to improve revenue and yield. One of Doodle’s favorite parts of our partnership is the speed they can get their ad ops issues/questions resolved. Previously, their Ad Ops team would have to submit a ticket to the Engineering team to add a new partner. With Freestar, it happens much quicker than before. Doodle also has the ability to easily communicate with us via Slack. Despite our time differences, our team is able to provide responses in a timely manner. If their team has a technical or industry-related question, our team of ad ops experts has an answer for them.
We asked Doodle what their advice would be for publishers looking into switching to Freestar. They said “Trust Freestar and get to know them more.” That’s exactly what Doodle did and now, Doodle knows we’re here if they need us.