We’re hiring for a brand new role, even for us! However, this role has been in the making for a while now. Ad tech is not an easy industry to break into. From the acronyms and jargon to the ever-changing tech, we wanted to create the opportunity for people who are looking to step into ad tech and learn from the ground up. That’s why we’re hiring several people for a newly-created role: Ad Tech Associate.
Our VP of Business Development and Customer Success, Christina Fiasconaro, knows how difficult it can be for a team member to learn the ropes. “The ad tech industry can be hard to navigate, especially if you are brand new to it. We’re creating a role that gives up-and-coming Ad Tech experts the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business and give them a chance to understand the different aspects it has to offer before they pick the path they want to go down,” shares Fiasconaro.
We’ve designed this role so they can learn the ins and outs of Freestar and how ad tech works. This role has the opportunity to work with each department including:
- Business Development – This role will conduct prospecting and generate qualified publisher leads to understanding who publishers are and how we can fit their needs.
- Account Management – They’ll work day-to-day with publishers and internal teams to provide service and support.
- Yield Management – This role will work with our Yield team to take a deeper dive into our publisher’s revenue trends and look for ways to optimize revenue.
- Revenue Operations – They’ll work with our Freestar demand partners to see how we manage those relationships, and monitor discrepancies and troubleshooting.
- Publisher Operations – Lastly, this role will be able to implement digital advertising solutions to meet publisher requirements and troubleshoot digital advertising campaigns.
To be clear, this role will not be working in each department simultaneously, but rather will spend several weeks in each department to get a better understanding and really learn the department’s function. This allows the successful candidate a chance to see which department is the best fit for them before choosing a niche they want to specialize in. Working within these different teams includes learning to work within our systems including Salesforce, Looker, and Google Ad Manager. We hope this new role will provide a strong foundation for an individual looking to grow within ad tech and at Freestar.
Christina shares that this opportunity is something she wishes was offered to her when she was first starting out.
“We have a whole company that is excited to talk about their work and share their knowledge with people who are new to the industry. When you love your day-to-day and what you do, it’s even better to be able to teach that to the next group of leaders,” adds Fiasconaro.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this role, don’t hesitate to reach out for more questions or apply. This role is open to anyone, whether or not you have ad tech experience. You can learn more about the role here. Check out our other open roles at freestar.com/careers.